Dark Horse Comics
Akira 6 Volume Manga
- Published by: Dark Horse Comics
- Released: December 13th 2000 to March 27th 2002
- Format: B5, Softback, Black and White with a few Colour Pages
- Size: 177mm x 254mm
- Run: 6 Volumes
- Language: English
- Letterer: Digital Chameleon
- Translator: Yoko Umezawa, Linda M. York, Jo Duffy
This is the diffinitive English release of AKIRA. Dark Horse have done a new translation and presented the comic in its intended and original black and white format.
Released in the US by Darkhorse Comics and distributed in the UK by Titan Books. I believe that the only difference is where the US volumes say Darkhorse Comics on the spine, the UK volumes say Darkhorse Manga.
Dark Horse Comics Publication Info
- Volume 1 - Pub Date: 13/12/2000 - Pages: 364 - ISBN-10: 1-56971-498-3 - ISBN-13: 978-1-56971-498-0
- Volume 2 - Pub Date: 28/03/2001 - Pages: 304 - ISBN-10: 1-56971-499-1 - ISBN-13: 978-1-56971-499-7
- Volume 3 - Pub Date: 27/06/2001 - Pages: 288 - ISBN-10: 1-56971-525-4 - ISBN-13: 978-1-56971-525-3
- Volume 4 - Pub Date: 19/09/2001 - Pages: 400 - ISBN-10: 1-56971-526-2 - ISBN-13: 978-1-56971-526-0
- Volume 5 - Pub Date: 19/12/2001 - Pages: 416 - ISBN-10: 1-56971-527-0 - ISBN-13: 978-1-56971-527-7
- Volume 6 - Pub Date: 27/03/2002 - Pages: 440 - ISBN-10: 1-56971-528-9 - ISBN-13: 978-1-56971-528-4
Titan Books Publication Info
- Volume 1 - Pub Date: 23/02/2001 - Pages: 364 - ISBN-10: 1-84023-257-9 - ISBN-13: 978-1-84023-257-8
- Volume 2 - Pub Date: 25/05/2001 - Pages: 304 - ISBN-10: 1-84023-279-X - ISBN-13: 978-1-84023-279-0
- Volume 3 - Pub Date: 25/08/2001 - Pages: 288 - ISBN-10: 1-84023-316-8 - ISBN-13: 978-1-84023-316-2
- Volume 4 - Pub Date: 26/10/2001 - Pages: 400 - ISBN-10: 1-84023-365-6 - ISBN-13: 978-1-84023-365-0
- Volume 5 - Pub Date: 25/01/2002 - Pages: 416 - ISBN-10: 1-84023-397-4 - ISBN-13: 978-1-84023-397-1
- Volume 6 - Pub Date: 26/04/2002 - Pages: 448 - ISBN-10: 1-84023-398-2 - ISBN-13: 978-1-84023-398-8
Older Akira Releases from Titan Books
A six volume set maybe? but I don't have a picture of the 6th Volume, if their was one that is, and also a Volume six from a different set. If you can provide more info on any of these releases then please contact me. [contact]
I heard that these Titan releases (the 5 above) were just copies of the 38 issue run by Epic/Marval. I have no idea where that volume six came from. I have a feeling that these might be Graphitti Designs books of collected Epic comics that were published in the UK under Titan Books. Still looking into all this.
Need to know more information on all these older Titan releases, as most sites carry innacurate info. Take the Titan Books website, on the Akira page they are mixing two formats of cover design, presumably from two different versions. Some look like the new Dark Horse Volumes and some don't, and then there's a completely different volume six, that has the text layout of the American DH Volumes but with a different cover. So I guess most sites are getting a mix-up, probably between past and present releases. - After Emailing Titan books about their Akira Book mix up, they corrected the mistake and their site is now up to date. Amazon on the other hand are still getting info crossed due to the knock on effect of the Titan website mix-up.